
new kitty
Originally uploaded by Riverside Dreamer
We are adopting a new family member tonight! YEA!!! This kitty has been living behind the lawn and garden center of the store where my husband and I both work. One of the guys that my husband works on nights with has been feeding it every night for over a month. I had not seen it because I have been working days, when it hides. LOL
Well, I worked over nights a couple of days this week. I tried to avoid seeing it, because I am such a sucker for cats. The last night though, when I walked out to my car at 3:30 in the morning it was sitting on the hood of our car. So I had to see it. I gave it a little cat food, and before long it was climbing all over me, and fell asleep in my lap. That is all it took, I was hooked! LOL
It is still a little wild, but I am bringing it home tonight. I can't wait! It looks a lot like our other kitty Tiger Lily. I think they probably have the same mom, because there is a litter of kittens about every summer, and we rescued Tiger Lily from behind the store about 2 years ago.
My husband has been worried that something bad would happen to it before we could bring it home. He said some people try to hit it with cars, and we found out a co-worker threw a knife at it. I told one of my managers that if I saw the person trying to hurt it, I would get fired because I would not be responsible for what I would do to that person!!!!! I just don't understand how people can try to hurt animals and think it's funny! It makes me soooo mad I just want to scream!!!
I know this is a really bad photo, but it wouldn't stay still! LOL I will update tomorrow with a better photo and news if it's a male or female.
4 comments:
Missy, that kitten is really cute! Must have known it was destined if he/she was sitting on your car. Its terrible how people treat animals sometimes :( I can't wait to hear what you name it and if its a boy or girl!! Congrats on your new family member :)
I am waiting to see how all turns out. I love orange cats. Good luck :)
You are very sweet to take the kitty home. I agree with you, about that terrible person who threw a knife at a poor helpless kitten. Shame on him!
Awww, how cute!!!
Post a Comment